Repress Yourself

Tired of paying hundreds of dollars in therapy? Fed up with prescription pill addictions and office furniture couch-sores? Has your psychologist stopped seeing you since you made a pass at him? Or maybe you're an amateur analyst and are looking for a chance to gain experience as an advice columnist. Bloggers: substitute these posts for therapy sessions and readers: comment away.

10 February 2006

I'm Just An "okay" Mamma Jamma.

Last night I went to see Hammell on Trial, and it was fun. I mean, yeah he's a little bit preaching to the choir and his songwriting is quite literal and the show was just shy of a poetry slam, but his stories are really funny and he can really rock an acoustic guitar, so that was nice. Then he sang a song about love and I suppose it was sweet, but it just made me realize how lonely I am and how I've reached that desperate-feeling point of "fucking strangers out of loneliness isn't THAT bad of an idea." I know. It's pathetic, really. But it's my new reality. The loneliness, not the stranger-fucking. I never thought I'd care about having a boyfriend or not having a boyfriend, but my daydreams have embarrassingly increased in boyfriend-having. Then I drank a beer and started wondering if being a "bad mamma jamma" is really good, or if mamma jamma-ness is a quality I'd like to possess. Some things never change.

2 Comments:

At 4:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have passed the point of thinking fucking strangers is ok, to thinking it is actually advisable. don't worry though, if you're anything like me, you won't actually do it and will still not be getting any

 
At 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just do it until it gets boring, which will be about three or four months. Get it out of your system. You'll be a better person for it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home