Repress Yourself

Tired of paying hundreds of dollars in therapy? Fed up with prescription pill addictions and office furniture couch-sores? Has your psychologist stopped seeing you since you made a pass at him? Or maybe you're an amateur analyst and are looking for a chance to gain experience as an advice columnist. Bloggers: substitute these posts for therapy sessions and readers: comment away.

29 November 2005

Clean and Bright

Last week I heard on NPR a special on the anniversary of the release of "The Sound of Music" as I was getting ready for work. And they played a snippet of "Edelweiss." And my eyes started watering to the point where a bit of my mascara ran.

The thing is, there is no reason for this. I have not lost anybody recently who it would remind me of (and I'm sorry, Darci.) The movie has never really meant anything special to me. I am not suffering postpartum depression.

This is pretty much me. I cry about once every three years, but I get choked up, constantly, for no reason.

That's all I got today. That, and I am wearing a hat made out of tinfoil to keep the government's rays from entering my brain.

3 Comments:

At 5:07 PM, Blogger kittenpants said...

I totally get that. I really want to validate that for you, although this might just make me seem crazier... But once I was driving to the beach by myself and I heard the song "Runaround Sue" and I started crying. Something about the music, not necessarily the lyrics or anything - just a feeling I got when I heard the song made me cry. Like really cry. And it was the most retarded thing I had ever done (which is really saying a lot) but it happened, and I rarely tell anyone, but I wanted you to know that you're not alone.

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Claire said...

Thanks, Darci. That is totally the kind of song that would make me cry. I think something about thinking about the innocence of the time, how happy that song must have made people, then maybe I'd think about my parents, and my parents as kids...this maybe doesn't add up to something that would make you cry. But it might make me cry.

Next time we can cry in our beer together, maybe if a cotton commercial comes on.

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Matthew said...

One time I watched Armageddon at like 4 in the morning and by the end, I was bawling. Don't know why. I'm talking about Armageddon the movie, not Armageddon the event.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home